Golf at Alert level 2
DiscGolfGuidelines Changes - Issued 29/4/2020
- There will always be three (3) days tee sheet available for booking. For example, today the following days are available for booking Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Tomorrow we will open Sunday tee sheet. New tee sheets will open at 10am every day.
- If you are a solo player, you can bring another person from your bubble who is not golfing to keep you company over the round. For contact tracing purposes, you must record the name of the nonplaying person at the Proshop.
- Tee times will now be at 5-minute intervals so we can get more golfers on the course. Ensure you maintain social distancing at all times while on the course.
- The Proshop will remain closed for all purchases for now. Please ensure you bring your own food and water.
- Practice putting green will now be open. Players can have a couple of putts before proceeding to their respective tee. The practice chipping green and range bays are closed.
Please feel free to call the Proshop (09 621 0024) or Steven (021 966 787) if there is any confusion.
Guidelines Issued 24/4/2020
We hope that you are coping well, and that you and your families are safe
We now have clear guidelines on how golf may be played at Alert level 3. As such, we will be re-opening the course effective Tuesday 28th April 2020.
Several measures have been put in place as per the guidelines / recommendation approved by government. This is designed for your safety, the safety of our staff and the wider community as we deal with Covid 19.
The following measures will be in place for alert level 3 at Akarana Golf Club.
It is very important that members follow all instructions from the staff!
- You can only play with those in your bubble or solo golf. Do not arrange to meet anyone else to play or join up on the course.
- Can only be played by Akarana Members.
- It is compulsory to pre book tee times through dot golf or by calling the golf shop. Do not turn up to the club unless you have booked. If you have booked and cannot make it to golf, please cancel your booking or call the golf shop. Tee bookings on Dot.golf will be used to assist with “Contact Tracing” should it be necessary.
- Tee booking limited to 2 players (Must be within the same bubble). Only 9 holes of golf permitted and there will be a two tee start. This will ensure everyone gets some exercise and access to the course. These measures will be reviewed later in the week.
- No scorecards, scores will not be accepted for handicapping purposes.
- You may not share clubs, balls, or other equipment
- Do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes before your tee time.
- Practice facilities will be closed.
- You must keep physical distancing of two metres from anyone outside of your bubble.
- No alcohol to be brought onto the course & No alcohol can be sold to players.
- There can be no congregating. You must leave as soon as you have completed your round of golf.
- Last tee off time at 2.45pm. All players must be off the golf course by 5pm. The entry gate will be closed from 2.45pm.
- Flags will be removed, and players will be playing blind shots to the greens. Refer to daily pin position displayed outside the golf shop.
- Cups will be placed upside down so that players do not need to reach in to remove their ball from the base of the cup.
- Bunker rakes will be removed from all bunkers. Players are requested to use their best endeavours to smooth out with their club and/or feet. Free placing relief in the bunker (Rule 16.1f) for AGC.
- Water fountains, ball washers, sand buckets and air compressor not to be used.
- There will be no access to toilets on course.
- No physical interaction between any essential staff and players can occur. Do not approach course staff.
- Will be closed. Service through window only.
- No carts available for hire.
- There will be no access to the clubhouse, toilets and shower facilities.
In addition to the above we ask:
- If you are symptomatic - even if you 'know' it is just a cold, please stay away.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who already has COVID-19, please stay away
- As per MOH recommendations, high-risk people advised to remain at home (eg those over 70 or those with other existing medical conditions).
- If you are not playing golf, then it is recommended that you do not come to the club.
Our ability to stay in operation will depend on your continued strict observance of these measures and of course Government guidelines.
We will be monitoring the situation regularly, anyone found not adhering to the above measures will be asked to leave the course. Other sanctions may also be imposed.
We would like to reiterate that the health and wellbeing of our Members, staff and guests is of paramount importance. We thank you for your understanding and co-operation at this very difficult time.
Akarana Golf Club Board